Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Junk mails

I am getting highly irritated by quite some e-mails for the past few years..
I am talking about e-mails which comes with false information....

..like the one which says...some indian lad proved Newton was wrong..he is so intelligent that the 'knowledge meter'(?!) broke ..
...the other one which carries a poem of a dying girl...
...Bill gates is sharing his fortunes !
..Progesterex..the date rape drug..
and much more.....

Most e-mails, if given a second thought, would ring a bell, that its a hoax. But just like a sheep crowd, ppl keep forwarding these e-mails to dozens of other friends, and everytime I see the forward list, I can count atleast 100 e-mail names it has been fwd-ed to....Out of those 100 people, I am sure 95 has atleast a bachelors degree who failed to use their little brain to give an extra second, if they should be fwding that e-mail to waste another chain of ppl's precious time.

Most e-mails I received from, are engineers, with 4-6 yrs prefessional work experience, who are possibly in the top few tiers for the company they are working for....who had possibly travelled few countries, few jobs, can speak few languages, reads/ watches few news sites....and on..

For a person who has such achievements, how much brain does it need to think that , there could be no 'knowledge meter' or ' that cancer society will not contribute 3 cents to every e-mails you fwd abt that dying girl'.
Urban Legends had one comment on this e-mail, 'how long do you suppose it would last if it begged us to write out a check?

And how much brain does it need, to not believe that 'Bill Gates is sharing his fortune'

Some e-mails like Progesterex looked very real. I didnt know that they are hoax until I did a google search.

When I replied those friends, not to fwd such e-mails particularly to all addresses in their weblist including the e-groups, they had a rude reply.." I cannot go search everytime, if such e-mails are fake and waste my time"....Listen up! If you had time to read it, enter all the address and fwd it to bunch of ppl, you better think you have a little more time to find if thats true or not. And if you dont want to waste time, better save all the time, by not fwding these junk mails.

The more irritating ones are those, which says..fwd it to 20 ppl and get fortune, if not you will lose your job, lose your g/b friend, lose money....and get cursed..

If I can meet the moron who created this e-mail originally, I will make him to live in places, where ppl are starving to death. Then he might understand a life, searching for food, clothes, water ............and a computer with Internet to send this hoax mails to..

I remember receiving post cards in mail,when I was a kid, which said, send another 10 post cards for god to bless you or you will be in bad luck. But I never thought, people will carry it to the level of e-mails ...and adding to my grief...is when I see whole bunch of educated professionals sincerely forwarding this to everyone in their address book.

... I receive sms from India to US with these contents...... forward for good, if not you will be cursed........and the person who sent me is a engg. college professor with 10yrs experience.

IF you are one of those brainless ppl, who sends hoax e-mails
or
If you are one of those ppl, who sends e-mails to bring me good luck..

I have a message for you....

Next time, you intend to bragg about your achievements, be your recent foreign trip, your promotion, or your recently published science journal, ....
...hold your tongue, tell yourself you are a dump ass.


Click here for Bill Gates comments on junk mails

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one Arunabala..
This awareness is required for everyone...spams should be destroyed and terminated in the email space..some people asks counter questions like what if it is true...but that's a not a correct questions...being a learned and experienced with such mails one should be able to distinguish ..once if anyone has done the mistake ..it's fine...but anyone forwards again and again similar mails ...I would consider it as a crime..

December 22, 2005 2:52 PM  
Blogger Ginkgo said...

hey name sake...how r ya :-)

There used to be a time when I signed up left right and center so as to see atleast 5-10 mails in my inbox..:-)

most junk mails are probably the result of 'self'....and the rest are the ones that friends fwd to u :-)

December 27, 2005 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home