Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Do we get fair complexion in cold weather??

Intha thadava India ponappo, I met my fathers very old friend. The last I met him was when I was 10years old. He asked me about my whereabouts and while we were talking, he asked my mom, " enna ellam US ponangaatti vandha complexion-a , illa muthalla irunthae ippadithaana".........??

Hmm. ..I am tired of hearing similar stuff from people for years......

En karuththu ithuthaan.......The climate will NEVER change your body color. The only changes that could happen is a possible clear face from less pollution. Another chance is that your new place has less sun and so you get tanned less. .......If somebody wants to still argue on this.........the maximum I can accept is this........May be he/ she is born a little fairer than h/she is now and they may regain their original color when living in a less sunny , and less polluted place ............but noway can I agree that people get fairer in cold weather.

In my case, I lived in coimbatore when I was in India and I now live in Orlando. So obviously Orlando is more hotter than coimbatore................

My dad was fair and my mom is a little dark. Instead of a mix up color, My sis was born with my mom's complexion and I was born with my Dad's complexion...........But I do not understand that instead of making these easy guesses........these days everyone thinks, I am fair 'coz I live in US and my sister is dark as she lives in cbe...

Any comments ??

Incident happened during summer 2005

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nalla thanni adicha nalla color varum theriyumungala arunabala....Nalla wine beer adichu paarunga...summa color gumkaanu thookum....

December 06, 2005 10:40 PM  
Blogger aruna said...

anna,

Beer adicha.... thoppai varum, yaeppam varum, innum neraya adicha....kanukku keela eyebags varum, vaandhi varum.........color varumnu yaar sir kandu pidicha....

apadi yaaravathu color aana , enakku sollunga namma friends koncham per (madurai) irukaanga, avanga kitta sollallam...

P.S: The good thing with drinking beer is that it has calcium, good for your bones. Beer and wine also does some good things (?! vidungappa, I'm not an expert) to your blood, so there is a possible shiny look in few faces...

atha thavira vera onnum nallathu thonala....

Anyway, Ippo thaan blog aarambichu irukaen. So, Thanks for stopping by.Keep coming back.

December 07, 2005 9:58 AM  
Blogger Adaengappa !! said...

Adhe kadhai thaan with me too :-)!
Cold weather la iruntha dry skin +cold related skin changes irukum..
i became too dark after 4 winters here..lol :-)

You got a nice blog/real life incidents make it much more interesting !!

Keep blogging :-)

For sure, u deserve an "Adeengappa "!!

December 07, 2005 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to an old Newsweek article, if a person with a very dark color live in Minnesota for a thousand years he will get fair skin and blond hair.
Today science says that our common mother (for the entire humanity)was from Africa and people migrated to every corner of the world. Believe it or not, for $19.95, 'National Geographic' helps us trace the movements of our ancestors from Africa to our birth place.
My two cents.

January 17, 2006 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home